Re: Brakes

To: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 19:39:24 -0500
At 02:28 PM 11/20/99 -0500, Patrick Bowen wrote:

>  This is
>probably the thirty-thousandth time i have done brakes, so I don't think I
>could be doing something stupid and simple.  Is it possible that the shoes
>are too thick or wrap around too far?

Yes. Sometimes brake shoes are made thicker to compensate for turned-down
drums. Have you resurfaced yours?  Might be a good idea anyway.

Happy assembly (I know I had a few frustrating moments getting mine to line
up too).  The return springs were a bear to install....

Regards,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

"If you mixed vodka with orange juice and milk of magnesia, would you get a
Phillips Screwdriver?"