Chassis Repair

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Chassis Repair
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 07:43:23 -0500
greetings,

for responses to my "chassis repair" questions, thank you to Andy Mace,
Ted Schumacher and Tod Jones.

I have proceeded with the "cut a" option (taking a cut-off wheel to the
front crossmember at the welds)
so far, so good.  i have only done the top welds but it looks good and
is fairly easy. i am getting excited at the prospect of finishing the
repair work on my driver as soon as it gets back from the garage.

i will be careful to align the crossmember on the driver - i have the
shop manual with the chassis measurements.

Tod, if this goes all wrong, i might take you up on your offer! :) i
can't let this happen, though - i've spent too much money this quarter
on tracking down the "rear-end noise from HELL"!

Thanks again!

vic