Re: Speedo works, but odometer doesn't

To: "Joe Whalley" <jw@mitre.org>, "spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo works, but odometer doesn't
From: "Tommy Morris" <morris@tmed.tatrc.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:23:36 -0400
Joe,

I had a similar problem with my Original speedo. I opened the gauge and
found that the pin that held the odometer assembly which subsequently meshes
gears to drive the trip odometer had slipped out of the slot. I just slid it
back in place and put a little sylicone on the the tip so it won't vibrate
out again worked perfectly. The Gauge is fairly easy to open by twisting the
bezel to align it to the slots and then gently pulling up on it so as not to
damage the seal. The internals come out by taking out the screws on the back
of the housing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tommy