Tub weight

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tub weight
From: "Paul McMullen" <paul@bessacarr.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:59:27 +0100
I stripped out my Spit today in preparation for removing the body and
facilitating chassis restoration (slapping some paint on), which brings me
to my point, how much does a stripped out tub weigh? I know that it can be
lifted by two people, but is that easily or just? I only have a small garage
and there isn't much room for manouvering.
Just had a thought, could the two main roof beams (9'x8"x2") support the tub
if I hoisted it up using ropes?
BTW it's a safety hazard to hang things from the rafters. Removing the
passenger seat earlier I knocked the step ladders which caught the boot rack
hanging down and swung it into my face. I now look like I've head butted a
Klingon and the Spit has even more of my AB+ splattered across it!

Paul
1981 reg 1500 (Topov).
1977 TR7 coupe, now for sale 'cos it's boring.