Re: Got It!! (Overdrive advice and new terminology)

To: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Got It!! (Overdrive advice and new terminology)
From: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 14:26:01 -0700
Bob Sykes wrote:

> <snip>
Seriously, Keith's advice is good.  I second the recommendation to
> change the transmission oil.  It's about as easy as checking the
> level and there's no telling what's in there now. Problems with
> OD not dis-engaging are often caused by a blocked orifice within
> the OD.  The innards of these things must be void of all dirt
> particles.  Read the service manual (you do have one right?)
> section on OD love & care you'll find lot's of good info.

<snip>
> Bob & '78 Spitfires
> (one of them mine for 21 years)
Hi Bob - I have a Haynes manual.  I've read comments on the list about
other manuals.  Is there another one (factory?) that's generally
considered to be better?  Available through Amazon or or on of the parts
suppliers?

Regards,

Mark