Re: windshield advice needed...

To: McCoy Reed <mccoy@moonflower.uark.edu>
Subject: Re: windshield advice needed...
From: "Dennis F. Kimberlin" <dkimberl@ops.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 17:43:43 -0500
Reed,
Had a similar problem on my SPIT only the gap was at the top.  Could
never figure out where the gap was coming from and wasn't convinced the
PO had done it right.  Had almost 1/2" from one side to the other
between the seal and the windshield.  Bought a new seal and did it
myself, not without much sweat, beer and thought, but it fit perfectly
with no gap. BTW the seal came from VB.
Anyway, because there are two different grooves in the seal and because
the little bugger is tough to install, assuming you have the correct
seal, sounds like the installation is not right.
If the gap is around the perimeter of the windshield, between the seal
and the frame, and given everything else is correct, then the window may
be the wrong size, but I doubt that.  Mine was 17.5 inches wide, if that
helps.
Good luck.
Dennis
75 SPIT