Re: overheating

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>,
Subject: Re: overheating
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 12:15:16
As far as the boiling goes there are several more variables that you need
to consider - 1) Your altitude 2) The mixture of anti-freeze to water
(different liquids boil at different temps, and that is one of the purposes
of antifreeze) 3) and last the pressure cap rating.  However I don't think
that is the real issue.  The temp of the water is! I am not up on my
celcius scales, so let me go back to my well known fahrenheight,  I would
guess (pure guess from vauge previous knowledge) that the operating temp
should be about 220 and no higher than say about 260.  As far as checking
the actual temp,  you might be able to find a cheap (less than $20) scaled
temp gauge at your local discount auto store.

Patrick.
'79 Spit wired by the same fella that did James Carpenter's Car