Re: overheating

To: "Dr T. Dafforn" <td214@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: overheating
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 14:43:47 +0000
Option 3, but

My one question what temperature is running hot. Remember it's a sealed
system, and you have anti freese in it.  What temperature does your car
coolent boil at at 13PSI, my guess is 110 deg C.  This is why you don't
take the pressure cap off your system at that temperature.  Probebly
boiling over is caused by an old hose being re-used, leaking and letting
the pressure out reducing the boiling point of the water to below the
current water temperature.  Not good...

I would guess a good running temperature would be roughly 92 degrees C,
with the thermostat opening about 88 degrees C.  Does anyone know the
MANIFACTURES spec for this, it's a complete guess so don't rely on the
figures I have quoted.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot