Low oil-pressure cut-off switch

To: <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Low oil-pressure cut-off switch
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:31:49 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 All,
    There was some discussion awhile back about trying to find cut-off
switches to disable the ignition if low oil pressure was detected.  The
problem, if I recall, was that most of the common switches from Jeggs and
Summit were set for a minimum of 15 psi, which is right where the Rover can
run at a hot idle.
    I just noticed that Stewart-Warner makes a whole bunch of oil switches,
with trip settings of 1,2,4,6, 10psi and above.  I bet 10 would work well.
Thoughts?
Follow the link for info:
http://www.stewartwarner.com/Catalog/swpres.html

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
IMSTP.gif]