Cooling - Bonnet Vents w/Aluminum Bonnet

To: MGB-V8@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling - Bonnet Vents w/Aluminum Bonnet
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 06:34:19 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
While on this cooling thread, how much help would it be to put vents in the
bonnet.  I'm thinking something like a dozen 8" long and about 1/2" wide
vents on each side of the bonnet.  I've seen a car like that before.  Must
provide for more air flow through the radiator, and let out some heat.
Anybody know of a place around Philly that could do something like that ?

I'm thinking of doing it with an aluminum bonnet I got off of a parts car.
I'll need to cut out the horizontal stiffening bar running accross the middle
of the bonnet like I have with the steel bonnet in order for the air cleaner
to clear.  Any problem removing that stiffening bar on an aluminum bonnet,
concerned about strength with the softer, flimsier metal.

Cheers,

Rick