RE: Cooling - Bonnet Vents w/Aluminum Bonnet

To: <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cooling - Bonnet Vents w/Aluminum Bonnet
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:43:49 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Some of the conversions I have seen have really great looking louvers- try
to get a picture of Mike Moor's car- Mike, are you out there?

I would caution about removing the stiffeners from an ally hood. These bring
a fair price in the used parts market, & I would be afraid of it getting out
of shape, especially after cutting louvers. It is a relatively easy job to
drill out the spot welds & move the stiffener on the steel hood & relocate
it to clear the air cleaner. I did this on my first car before learning to
set the engine further back.

Louvers definitely work, as do cutouts in the inner fenders. See Kurt's
write up in the latest V8 Newsletter. Just make sure hood louvers do not
direct water to a harmful location under hood. You will eventually get
caught in the rain.

Jim Stuart

Reply to <jimbb88@usa.com>