Re: Cooling - Bonnet Vents w/Aluminum Bonnet

To: Rick1huber@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cooling - Bonnet Vents w/Aluminum Bonnet
From: James Jewell <m1garandusa@netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 18:57:08 -0400
Cc: MGB-V8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I also did a web-search on NACA ducts, as I had considered using them
for cool-air/ram-air induction, although many people use them for
cooling breaks and other parts of the car (including the driver!!!).
 The search returned many hits for places in the US that make and sell
them.  Putting them in would require cutting a square out of the panel
where you intend to attach them, and then a little Bondo action, but it
would be easy to replace with a new one if it was ever damaged.

I don't think they would help evacuate air from under the hood, but they
will help bring it INTO the engine comartments, assuming you have a
place for the old air to go (say through your properly-punched front
wheel wells.).
JJJ