RE: MGB-V8 History

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com
Subject: RE: MGB-V8 History
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:47:48 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
> As for the TR7 engine being an engineering marvel, I defy
> anyone to sing its
> praises after having to change a water pump (stupidly buried
> in the block,
> with seals that allow the water to mix with the oil when they
> fail) or to
> remove a cylinder head when the angled studs have seized in place.

        This is kinda off subject, so I will be brief.  The SAAB engine
development is interesting, as they started out with the same basic engine
design.  The SAAB 99 engine was designed by Triumph and had the same
waterpump type as the TR7.  It did not take them long to redesign the engine
to a straight stud, belt driven pump.

Kelvin.