Re: MGB-V8 History

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "Tic Tac Group" <uga4300@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: MGB-V8 History
From: "murray arundell" <goforit@ecn.net.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:59:53 +1000
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Kelvin,

Only two problems with your theory re TR-7/8.

1)    No matter what engine you put into it sooner or later you still had to
look at the ugliest car ever produced!
2)    The Triumph was produced at a strike ridden plant that could never
produce a quality product.  The public new it                     and stayed
away in droves.....   Days lost to strikes at MGs were NIL!  Fact.

One further point,  old it may have been, but the MGB out lasted the Triumph
(stand corrected here).  Also do not forget that the TR 7/8 was an evil
understeering beast from which major components tended to fall off
periodically!  (See point 2)

Cheers (in a friendly flamed way)
Murray Arundell
Brisbane Aus,