Re: #%$@&* SAE Bolts Forced into a TD Block

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: #%$@&* SAE Bolts Forced into a TD Block
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 10:38:28 -0700
Bob,
    I agree with Lawrie Alexander, drilling out the holes and installing
helicoils would be the safest way to go.  However, you will need to go
to a GOOD harware store or a place that specializes in fasteners to find
the 8 X 1mm helicoil kit that is needed.  One person I worte to replied
that he went with 8 X 1.25mm because the parts store that he went to,
told him that the 8 X 1mm helicoil was no longet made - Not True!  Below
is the web site for Helicoil, they list all of the kits and coils that
are available.
http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.html

Good luck,
Dave