Trouble Installing TD Oil Pan

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trouble Installing TD Oil Pan
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 16:56:27 EDT
Aside from the damn SAE bolt problem, I can't seem to get the back of the pan
seated all the way down. It must be the new seal between the bearing cap and
the pan. The new seal looks like it has the same dimensions as the old one,
but the new one seems to be made of rubberized cork. The old one was just
plain cork. I can see that the pan made a groove in the old seal about 1/8
inch deep. The new seal doesn't want to compress that far. Has anyone run
into this problem and found a solution?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336