Re: TD carb overflows

To: <deboer@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: TD carb overflows
From: "Carolyn & Bob Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:39:42 -0400
Jarl, sorry but I disagree with you on the routing of the carb overflow
pipes on the TD.
I always thought they passed OVER the front engine bearer plate, had a 90
degree bend down and were held by a single P ( or d ) clip which holds both
pipes side by side and bolts to the 8.0 mm bolt holding the front bearer
plate to the block on the outside of the timing cover.  We agree on the
clip.
The TC pipes were similarily routed.
For the TD, as a reference, check out page D-1 of the factory TD Workshop
Manual, figure D-2 clearly shows the pipes routed on top of the front
bearer plate and then down the front.
 For the TC, Refer to Instruction Manual for the MG Midget ( Series TC ),
page 43, illustration no. 18 also clearly shows the overflow pipes routed
over the front bearer plate and then down the front.
It is possible that other routings were used, but as a first reference, I
think the official factory manuals are most correct.
Regards, Bob Grunau