Re: TD carb overflows

To: stritle@epix.net
Subject: Re: TD carb overflows
From: syd saperstein <tcsyd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:17:36 -0700
Steve, yes there is a  clip. It should be located on the front side of the
front engine plate/support that ends in the engine mounts.  It is held in
place by one of the timing chain cover bolts. They do not attach to the
frame.  Rather they are to be bent so as to arrive at the clip then down
toward the road  The path of the rear tube runs downward parallel to the
sides of the float bowl, ( I ran mine off of the 7 o'clock position as you
look downward at the top of the floats - rear)) then forward and downward at
about 45 degree angle from the rear carb to the engine front plate/mount,
through the clip, then  downward toward the ground. The tube from the
forward carb goes parallel the float bowl (Iran mine off the 2 o'clock
position) and down to join the path of the rear tube the rest of the way.
The clip is very similar to the kind used to hold electrical wiring flat
against a surface.  Moss sells them.  Best to check out a good restoration
manual for you model to see all this for yourself.  The tubes tend to rattle
together, so I added a plastic cable "zip" strip fastener to hold them
tightly together where they join up.  Hope this makes sense.

TTFN
TCSYD