Re: It's alive! alive!

To: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>, Gary McCormick <gkmcc@netgate.net>,
Subject: Re: It's alive! alive!
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 18:51:49 -0800 (PST)
Marc,

Try Beck-Arnley (World Parts) # 201-0247. (sending
unit) This will be an easy X-Ref at any parts store.
Also, I do not think the sending unit itsself has any
threads, it is a smooth cylinderical thing with a neck
that fits into a hollow retaining nut (Grand Thermal
Nut) available from Nissan as part # 25251-30100 in
case you mangle your old one (I ordered 3 since they
were still available).  Oh, if your Engine # is over
R-40001 (which I am sure it is, make that part #
25251-37700.  I was about to offer you one of mine,
but it would not work.  sorry.

Mike Harper

> I appreciate your help, Gary, and I didn't mention
> that it's a 70 1600.
> It's a 70 1600.  ;^)    Your reply prompted me to
> check the rallye site
> and it helped me determine that the tiny tee-ninecey
> threads on the
> sending unit probably are stripped, and that might
> be the problem.  Mike
> Harper helped with some sources ind
> interchangeability ideas.  Thanks to
> the list I think I'm in good shape.  Thanks
> everybody, keep it coming :^)
>
> -Roadster on!
> Marc T.

> ///  Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net