Re: It's alive! alive!

To: "Gary McCormick" <gkmcc@netgate.net>,
Subject: Re: It's alive! alive!
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:50:40 -0600
Gary McCormick wrote

>Are you guys trying to cure list members of offering advice? Not knowing
>whether
>Marc's Roadster is an R16- or  U20-powered model, I tossed out what I thought
>might be a helpful bit of advice - AND I qualified my statement as to
>potential
>differences between the two engines. My Roadster knowledge is not
>encyclopedic -
>I only have the one, and it's a '70 2000, so I am not cognizant of all of the
>"well-known differences in engine layout". Paul's reply enlightened me as
>to one
>difference between the 2 engine types (though the U-20's sending unit is not
>installed directly in the cylinder head proper, it is in the neck that's
>bolted
>to the head - at least in the '70), Adam's comment was smart-alecky but a
>harmless joke (U20 envy, maybe?) - and I can't figure out what
>contribution to
>the discussion Stan thought he was making.
>
>I'm about half-sorry I tried to help.
>
>Gary McCormick

I appreciate your help, Gary, and I didn't mention that it's a 70 1600.
It's a 70 1600.  ;^)    Your reply prompted me to check the rallye site
and it helped me determine that the tiny tee-ninecey threads on the
sending unit probably are stripped, and that might be the problem.  Mike
Harper helped with some sources ind interchangeability ideas.  Thanks to
the list I think I'm in good shape.  Thanks everybody, keep it coming :^)

-Roadster on!
Marc T.