Re: Cam chain noise...again

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Cam chain noise...again
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:13:01 -0500
>Gordon Glasgow

> Sounds like your oil pressure is dropping off as it warms up. What is it
> showing
> on the gauge? It still souldn't touch under any circumstances if (a) the cam
> towers are shimmed enough or (b) the tensioner is shimmed enough.

Is there a spec for the center to center distance between the jackshaft and
the cam? Might be tough to measure even if there is, but it seems that would
be the definitive measurement.

Also I'd think that if you shim the cam towers you'd also need to increase
the lash pad thickness by the same amount?

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas
(817) 572-0873