More TR4 questions ...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: More TR4 questions ...
From: Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 14:13:14 -0600
        Working at a fever pitch to fix the numerous problems on my new
        LBC, I have come up with more in a continuing series of
        queries:

        1) With the car I received 2 "snap-on" chrome headlight trim
        rings. For the life of me I cannot snap them on. They appear to
        be the right diameter, and they come really close to snapping,
        but the metal frame  over which I imagine they snap has the upper part
        bent (by design, not damage) upward, and there appears to be no
        mating "bend" on the chrome rings.

        Has anyone tried this before? Do I have the wrong part?  HELP!

        2) What's the opinion of the quality of the vinyl seat covers
        sold by all the mail-order shops. I don't really want to shell
        out for leather, but I do want it to look nice.

        3) Where is the steering column grounded on the TR4. I've
        determined that the fact that the horn doesn't work is due to my
        steering column, and subsequently horn button, being isolated
        from ground - but I don't know where/how to fix it!

        Both conductor wires around the rubber steering column bushings
        appear to be intact, but I don't really know what they are for,
        or if they are involved here. Any hints?

Thanks,
Charlie
1962 TR4 #CT 3852