Re: Re[2]: 80 MGB, Crane Cam

To: sol <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: 80 MGB, Crane Cam
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 22:56:22 -0400 (EDT)
> Well, The timing card from Crane said that The Cam was ground 1 degree
>retarded
> for better lob shape and hardness. Furthere, that for best performance to
> install the cam 5 degrees advanced. So, with 50 thousandths of an inch valve
> lift on #1 intake the crank is at 6 degrees btdc. I was about 9 degrees off
>of
> that... Any ideas other that to take it back, though I do appreciate the
> thought.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Do make sure you are doing the degree checking correctly. But it sounds
like you are. Almost always an aftermarket cam ends up half a tooth off
if just stuck in (MGB = 18 per tooth). Then... to obtain a 4 degree offset
key for the cam (crank keys N/A), call Seven Enterprises at 800-992-7007
and ask for part # SEN0051D. Keys are also available in 1, 2, and 3 degree.
Last char of the part #'s is A, B, and C, respectively.

  Randy
    randy@taylor.infi.net