Re[2]: 80 MGB, Crane Cam

To: Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu, creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu,
Subject: Re[2]: 80 MGB, Crane Cam
From: creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 94 15:50:59 EST

     Thanks for the response!!!

     Yes, 9 degrees does sound like a lot however, considering that the
     crank is off by 9 degrees and each of the sprocket's 20 points will
     adjust for 18 degrees, moving the chain won't help. Each point on
     the Cam sprocket is equal to 9 degrees but the cam is only off by
     4.5 degrees due to that 1:2 ratio. So I figured I would put a 4
     degree offset on the Cam and a 1 degree on the crank to give a
     total of 9 degrees offset on the crank...
     But... I can't find the offset keys.

     I wonder if everyone who buys this cam just shoves it in and hopes
     that it works.

     Thank you again,
     Chris