Bright taillights

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bright taillights
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 10:13:57 -0500
> From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
> My guess is that looking at them at night will not be a problem. The
> lens and reflector design in most taillamps is pretty inefficient.

I don't know about your car, but the main problem with my TR7's taillights is
the chrome coating on the reflector. Over the years it has come away from
the plastic backing, either giving the reflector the wrong shape or flaking
off completely such that all you see is a little dull spot in the middle.
I've been meaning to take them apart again and line the reflectors with
aluminium foil, to see if that helps. does anyone have a better solution
for this?

  Jody Levine                    ---+--
  jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca            |     |~|
  Toronto, Canada                   |     |~\    7   The Mobile Doorstop