Re: Despertly seeking TR3 parts

To: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Despertly seeking TR3 parts
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 09:47:48 -0800
In message <9311171536.AA10099@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com>  writes:
> TeriAnn,
> Well it's been a wile since I looked closely at the accelorator linkage, and
> many of the other parts of a TR2-3.  But if memory serves, The accelorator
> linkage is not painted nor was it galvanized.  The brake and cluch pedals are
> painted black.  Many of the parts on the carbs and linkage are also bare
> metal.
> The brake lines are bare metal also.  The wiper control cable is bare, as are
> the other control cables.  I have often used clear Krylon to protect these
> parts.  Many times the surface rust can be removed with a stainless steel
> wire
> brush. (Don't use a regular steel wire brush, it leaves thousands of small
> bits
> just ready to rust at the first sign of moisture.)
>
> I may be at my shop this weekend.  I have a dismantled TR2 and unrestored TR3
> and a recently purchased unrestored but very nice TR3A.  I also parted out a
> TR2
> last Christmas.  I will take a look and can even take some pictures of
> specifics
> if this would help.  Let me know.  I may have the banjo bolt you are looking
> for
> if it is the same as the TR2.  I suspect it is.
> --
>
> Kevin Spooner
> The Sports Works of Greeley
> Specializing in Triumphs and British Sports Cars
>
> britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com

Kevin, YES I would appriciate this VERY much.  I do not need pictures.  But your
observation on the accelerator peddle assembly linkage and any obsetvetions on
the resevour would be very much appriciated.

I believe the banjo bolt and vent has remaind the same through out the TR2-3
production.

Is the unrestored TR3A pre ot post TS60000?  They changed a number of things &
moved some about at that time.  Mine is TS75519.

Thanks for your help,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561