Re: Despertly seeking TR3 parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars)
Subject: Re: Despertly seeking TR3 parts
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 8:35:59 MST
TeriAnn,
Well it's been a wile since I looked closely at the accelorator linkage, and
many of the other parts of a TR2-3.  But if memory serves, The accelorator
linkage is not painted nor was it galvanized.  The brake and cluch pedals are
painted black.  Many of the parts on the carbs and linkage are also bare metal.
The brake lines are bare metal also.  The wiper control cable is bare, as are
the other control cables.  I have often used clear Krylon to protect these
parts.  Many times the surface rust can be removed with a stainless steel wire
brush. (Don't use a regular steel wire brush, it leaves thousands of small bits
just ready to rust at the first sign of moisture.)

I may be at my shop this weekend.  I have a dismantled TR2 and unrestored TR3
and a recently purchased unrestored but very nice TR3A.  I also parted out a TR2
last Christmas.  I will take a look and can even take some pictures of specifics
if this would help.  Let me know.  I may have the banjo bolt you are looking for
if it is the same as the TR2.  I suspect it is.
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com