Re: Spitfire 1500 Clutch Help Needed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 Clutch Help Needed
From: totty@flute.cs.uiuc.edu (Brian Totty)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 92 12:09:43 CDT
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 15:31:47 -0600
> From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@triumph>
> Subject: Clutch disks
>

> Every disk I have seen so far has words like "flywheel side" stamped right
> into the carrier.

        Right, and this is precisely backwards from what my manuals tell me to
do!
        That was why I was suspicious.  The instructions that came with my disk
said
        that this is *usually* the side that goes up to the flywheel, but to be
sure
        you should check your manual.

        Because of people's suggestions, I'm thinking that the problem might be
that
        I have mismatched components.  I'm going to replace everythign at once
next
        time, and follow William Woodruff's suggestion to spin it in place.

        If parts arrive, I'll try again this weekend.  Wish me luck!