Spitfire 1500 Clutch Help Needed

To: woodruff@engin.umich.edu
Subject: Spitfire 1500 Clutch Help Needed
From: totty@flute.cs.uiuc.edu (Brian Totty)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 15:48:54 CDT
> I think the bolt retro fit is considered a permanent fix.  I have one
> in my car and it works just fine.  The throwout bearing should handle
> any variations that the bolt could cause since it pivots on a parallel
> axis.  If there is an oil seal difference, it is a actual seal versus
> an oil slinger type.  I don't know how compatible the two are.  You
> might end up having to change your input shaft, which would throw all
> your tolerences off.  I'd stick with the current bellhousing.  I think
> you'll find that swapping the clutch disk around will cure your
> problem.

        I'm going to try to flip the disk around, but I'm a bit nervous about
that
        because I'm pretty sure I followed my Bentley & Haynes manuals to the
letter
        about the orientation of the disk.  I'm also going to replace all the
clutch
        components this time, instead of just the disk.

        Any other thoughts?  Hopefully I can get parts before this weekend!