Gas and LBCs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas and LBCs
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1992 16:47:57 -0700
Thanks for all of the replies about the gas questions. It was a local
Chevron station I was using and they seem to be reputable. I have not
had a chance to stop and query them about the batch I got last Friday.
But it sure is good to know that it was not the hard driving that caused
the car to run bad, just the gas. It seems that there are a lot of
incidents relating to bad gas.

I have a friend that has a 928 Porsche and he gets gas at the same place
I do and had similar problems with his car, but not quite as bad. His
thinking was that the car probably needed a tune-up as it had been a
while since that was done. Fortunately he has not had the tune-up done,
so he is going to go to another station and top off the tank and offset
the rough idle hopefully.

Now to go and fine tune the carbs, and reset the timing so it runs even
better than it does now. Not that it runs bad but the mixture is a
little too rich and the timing is a little too advanced.

Bruce...