Re: Gas and LBCs

To: spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com
Subject: Re: Gas and LBCs
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 13:08:02 pdt
> From: Bob Spidell <spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com>
> Subject: Gas and LBCs
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 12:42:21 PDT
> Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.25]
>
> <<story about bad gas in LBC deleted>>
>
> About a year or so ago there was some documented bad gas being pumped in
> the S.F. Bay Area.  I say documented because the FAA sent out a circular
Yeah, I had this stuff in two cars simultaneously.  Good thing too or I
would have been convinced that something was seriously wrong.  Both
cars suffered from the exact same symtoms; hard starting; wouldn't idle;
hesitated on acceleration.  Since one car only had about 7k miles on it,
I got suspicious.  Sure enough, a day or two later a local newscaster
announced that several BP stations in the Bay Area (including the one in
Santa Clara I USED to buy gas from) had gotten shipments of bad gas.

> Thanks, Roland, for trying to work the lunch around my Healey.  Better
> luck next time.

Still hope you can make it.

Roland