Gas and LBCs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Gas and LBCs
From: Bob Spidell <spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 12:42:21 PDT
<<story about bad gas in LBC deleted>>

About a year or so ago there was some documented bad gas being pumped in
the S.F. Bay Area.  I say documented because the FAA sent out a circular
reiterating the potential problems with using auto gas in aircraft, and
used this incident as an example.  The bad petrol was apparently first
reported by some mechanics who had poured the gas on the ground and
were unable to ignite it!  Some autos were actually damaged by the
stuff, with the gas company picking up the cost of repairs.  So it does
happen.

Thanks, Roland, for trying to work the lunch around my Healey.  Better
luck next time.

Regards,
bs