Re: My SU fuel pump is doing the long goodbye.

To: pacdata!dave@uunet.uu.net (Dave Ambrose)
Subject: Re: My SU fuel pump is doing the long goodbye.
From: medtron!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@uunet.UU.NET (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 92 9:02:32 CST
The bst advice I aver got was from an MGB autocrosser/mechanic who told me
to 1) remove SU fuel pump  2) throw it as far as possible  3)  install
FACET brand "solid state electronic" fuel pump.

I got mine for $25 from J C Whitless.  Get someone who knows what they look
like to point it out in the catalog, as J C Whitless never tells you what
anything is.

A Facet will run for years with no attention whatever, but you must put a
fuel filter before it.  Brian's is now in its 12th year, and second MGB.
One old thing is that, unlike the SU, they never stop ticking.  Also, it can
be wired either positive or negative ground.  Order it by your car model, and
the fuel pressure will be right.

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324