RE>failing to start after c

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>failing to start after c
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 26 Mar 92 07:51:58
        Reply to:   RE>failing to start after comp
Kristian,

    My guess is that your spark timing is A.F.U.  ( All fouled up ).  Here's
how you fix it:

      *  Take the sparkplugs out.
      *  Hook a plug to wire #1 & ground the body of the plug to the block.
          A vise-grips with a wire tied to it works well for this.

      *  Crank the engine over with your thumb partially covering the sparkplug
hole.  Watch the spark, feel the puff.  Are they at the same time?  If not,
good.  You've found your problem.  Connect the sparkplug to another wire and
try again until you find the right one.  Repeat for each of the other
cylinders.
    - Jerry

p.s.  Do NOT cover the sparkplug hole completely with your finger.  There is a
hazard.  Cylinder suction can pull the flesh off your finger into the engine!
No, it's never happened to me.   But I've heard.....