re: Roadster Religious wars

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, greg@lkarck.enet.dec.com
Subject: re: Roadster Religious wars
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 93 11:37:26 CST
Aaaaaaaarg!!!  Stop please.  You're killing me!  I just spent
a week and a half getting the "correct" windscreen washer
bottle for the '76 XJ-S that I am rebuilding.  I can't take
disfigurement of high-art.  Ok, ok,  medium-art.

I have a cellular phone antenna cemented at the top of the rear
window glass on my '84 XJ-S daily driver.  Even at that, I
unscrew the antenna element when I don't have the (portable)
phone with me.  It looks terrible!!!  As for a whale-tale,
if I had wanted a whale I would have purchased a Porsche.

And the lighted gold landeau bars (or whatever it was),
I'll pass.  I even have to keep a "motion discomfort bag" in the
car for those moments when I see a dealer's "bill-board"
attached to a nice car...

Rick
     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...