re: Roadster Religious wars

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: re: Roadster Religious wars
From: Greg Tobin dtn 224-1648 <greg@lkarck.enet.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 93 11:58:54 EST
   This string about the fake 'roadsters' with landau roofs made me recall
 a monmstrosity I saw in Mass a few years back (It has OBrit car Content too!)

    Picture a mid 80's Jag XJS, done in metallic brown, with a *padded* half
 roof, gold luggage rack, gold phone antennaes (2 or 3 at least), gold wheel
 arch trim, gold pinstriping, landau bars, and some kind of horrible after-
 market wire wheels that had gold trim on them.  I don't know if the landau
 bars were illuminated or not, as I saw this 'thing' in the daytime.

    Then there was that XJS with a whale tail, and lots (I mean *6*) cellular
 phone antennea on the tip...   GACK!

   What posseses people to do this???  Do they really think someone is being
 fooled?

Greg Tobin