Re: Roadster Religious wars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Religious wars
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1993 12:44:21 CST
Richard O. Lindsay (zrol01@trc.amoco.com) writes:
> I even have to keep a "motion discomfort bag" in the car for those moments
> when I see a dealer's "bill-board" attached to a nice car...

In the event that you are stuck (pun intended) with something similar on the
boot lid of your car, I have had great success with the following strategy
for removing the dealer stickers, most of which appear to be gooey glittery
things that won't normally won't let go... (the dealer, not the sticker)

Acquire a hair-styling blow-drier and a plastic spatula or old credit card.
Set the blow-drier on "High" and heat a corner of the sticker for a minute
or two, until it softens to the point where you can gently lift it off with
the spatula/card. Work your way patiently across the sticker and it should all
come off in one piece. Bug & Tar remover should take care of any leftover glue
residue, though you may need to buff out the entire panel lightly with finish
restorer if the uncovered area is now a darker shade of color than the rest of
the paint.

-- Andy