Re: ShootingBrakes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, dickn@hpspdbc.spd.hp.com
Subject: Re: ShootingBrakes
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 93 11:48:21 CST
While the word-smithing is peaking I thought I would throw
in a solution to the EEC common currency problem.

It seams that a major problem is that GB doesn't want to
give up the pound sterling.  And rightly so.  It's part of
history and should not be discarded.

However, it seems that the easiest thing to do would be to
convert to a system in the UK where all products are sold
by weight!  This would address the problem directly because
after all, it's really only a units problem.  I explain in an
example:  A new Jag weighs in at around 4000 pounds and costs,
using the old system, around 40,000 pounds.  Using the new
system that would be:  40,000 pounds divided by 4000 pounds.
The car would cost: 10.  No units, no problems with currency!

Ahuum,

Yes, thank you.

Rick
     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...