Re: Bricklin weight

To: "Phil Martin" <pmartin@isgtec.com>, "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bricklin weight
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:49:06 -0400
That is quite a project!!!

Are you planning to keep the existing shock towers?   Will the RX-7 tranny
(I assume it is a 5 speed manual) handle the torque?  Is there a 4 speed
automatic that will fit the engine?

With that much re-working, it might make sense to build an aluminum chassis
to replace the steel.  That way you could really increase torsional
stiffness by adding a backbone tunnel.  Such a frame can get down to 200
pounds ( less the birdcage which is probably too expensive to duplicate).
The other nice thing about making up a new frame is that you can add all
the adjustments for camber, castor and lateral weight transfer.