Fw: Bricklin weight

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Bricklin weight
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 02:56:29 -0400
.

Peter Farell Supercars
> (http://www.pfsupercars.com/) and Pettit Racing
> (http://www.pettitracing.com/) both know an awful lot about this stuff.
> Check out those pages if you're even moderately interested in the rotary.
> Everybody should read about Pettit's "Banzai" RX-7 with the _mighty_ 20B
> rotary (a 3-rotor, 600hp, 2.0 liter version of the same basic 13B design).
======
Gotta plug the homeboys, Jim Downing's Kudzu.
http://www.monito.com/wankel/downing.html

They do some serious work, and check out all the various conversions.
======

 Seriously, the 13B is a teeny little thing, and the long-block
> weighs barely over 200lbs.  One guy can pick a short-block up and move it
> around by himself in a pinch... I think the outside dimensions would be
> something like 20" wide by 20" high by 24" long or so.
======
Probably it's biggest advantage is a much lower CG.
======

> All that's left is plumbing the exhaust/turbo and figuring out what else
> put in that big engine compartment so that the 13B doesn't look like a toy
> in there!  I think I'll opt for a big intercooler and rad, and race-style
> ducting to route the air out through some holes in the hood.
======
I assume you'll lay them down to maintain that low CG.
======
> I'd like to note publicly that Greg Monfort has been an invaluable help in
> planning out these mods, and perhaps more importantly, goading me into
> actually going for it!  ;)  Not that I needed much prodding, but he's been
> very good at reinforcing my "if I've done all that, why not do this?"
> mentality.  ;)
======
Aw shucks! (blush).
======
  If I ever get this pig done, I'll have to make a road trip
> to Georgia so he can have a chance to take it around Road Atlanta.
======
Cool! I'd settle for seeing it in all the hot rod mags. That'll get some
juices flowin'.

GM