Re: Bricklin weight

To: "Phil Martin" <pmartin@isgtec.com>, "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bricklin weight
From: "George Schiro" <gschiro@lni.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:13:33 -0400
If you really want to reduce the weight:

Replace the frame with an aluminum chassis designed for greater stiffness.

Drill lots of holes in the birdcage.

Replace the body panels with carbon fiber replacements.

Get a Keith Black aluminum block and heads.

Install all aluminum  / titanium suspension parts and prop shaft.

Get an aluminum cased manual tranny.

You could probably get the weight down to 2,500.  Of course it will cost
big bucks.