RE: Patrol Bricklin

To: "'illyana delorean'" <illyanadmc@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Patrol Bricklin
From: Ron Auger <ron.auger@olsy-na.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:01:53 -0400
------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6937.D5036850

The Scottsdale Police web site has a picture.
        http://www.ci.scottsdale.az.us/cosweb/services/pd/Pd-hpage.htm
Go to historical photos under the menu frame. (I've already emailed the
webmaster that it's not Brickland!)

On Saturday, April 11, 1998 4:01 AM, illyana delorean
[SMTP:illyanadmc@yahoo.com] wrote:
> didnt someone recently post an address where there was a pic of this
> car? or, am i just hoping i could see a pic of it! anyway, could
> whoever posted the address (if i am not imagining things!) please post
> it again, for i have misplaced the message!
>
> <-illyana->
>

> ---"John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net> wrote:
> >
> > Anybody know what happened to this car?
> >
> > John
> >
> > ----------
> >
> > >X-From_: slyons@surfari.net  Fri Apr 10 02:43:40 1998
> > >From: "Stephen Lyons" <slyons@surfari.net>
> > >To: <jblair@exis.net>
> > >Subject: Patrol Bricklin
> > >Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 23:40:40 -0700
> > >
> > >Hello John -
> > >
> > >I just visited the Bricklin Int'l website for the first time, &
> although I
> > >didn't want to necessarily subscribe to the e-mail forum, I did
> want to
> > >share with you a recollection of mine regarding this automobile.
> > >
> > >Back during the period when Bricklins were being made, I remember the
> > >Police Department of Scottsdale, Arizona operating at least one as
> a marked
> > >enforcement vehicle. I also recall that the emergency lighting on
> the roof
> > >was of the flashing strobe variety, which was being experimented
> with by
> > >many agencies at this same time.
> > >
> > >I was told that the officers' main complaint about the Bricklin
> concerned
> > >the gull wing type doors, as many felt it unduly hampered the
> rapidity with
> > >which they could get out of the car when the circumstances required
> a quick
> > >exit.
> > >
> > >I was wondering if there is a surviving example of the Scottsdale
> Police
> > >Dept. Bricklin.
> > >
> > >Feel free to post this to your e-mail forum if this information not
> > >appeared there before & you think it might be of general interest.
> > >
> > >Stephen Lyons    slyons@surfari.net

                                        Ron Auger
(snail-mail) Olsy North America         Staff Software Engineer
        185 Plains Road Suite 302W      203-882-4373 (desk)
        Milford, CT  06460              203-783-1520 (fax)
(E-mail) ron.auger@olsy-na.com          800-759-8888 (bpr) pin#1153000
(C-mail) Ron Auger CMLA
(V-mail) 800-338-0775                           "Eschew  Obfuscation"

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD6937.D5036850--