Somewhat found #394

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Somewhat found #394
From: Tony Esfeld <esfeld@netdoor.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:41:45 -0600
Well guys, I've been waiting several months for all of the information to
write to the group.  One of the highlights of my young life was the rare
occasion when Dad would fire up the Bricklin, put my sister and I under the
hatchback, brother in the front seat and take off for the nearest curve in
the road.  Not to mention the time we had to jimmy the hatch open and hand
him in tools since the doors wouldn't come open when we got back.

At any rate...

# 394 with VIN 0041AB4S000394 White w/non-original interior has been
sitting in a warehouse in Great Bend Kansas for the last (at least) 7
years.  We are the second owners.  I am trying desperately to convince my
father to wait and sell it to me instead of taking it to an auction or some
other less worthy means.  He doesn't think my wife to be (3 weeks left)
will agree with my desire to own this car.  It has 27,941 miles on it and
other than lack of use, the only exterior help that it needs is the repair
of some body-side moulding that has come loose.

The interior was replaced with a somewhat gold colored material resembling
fur although the original buckets are there.  A disgruntled employee stole
the carbeurator off of it some time ago.  It was parked around '90 I think
with all of the fluids in it unfortunately.  I have read some of the
articles on the web page and have many ideas on where to start.  This group
has come a long way in the effort for these cars.

My father did request that I ask if anyone knew of this problem.  The car
is sheltered, but has to endure the harsh temperatures of the KS seasons.
Recently, the passenger side window has fallen (slid down) and were
wondering what the possible cause is.

One benefit to the possible problem (if something came loose) is that my
father owns a Fiberglass manufacturing business, so the repair would be
convenient.  I assume it is the cars composition that led him to owning it.

Any help would be appreciated and if my plans fail, there will be a
possible advertisment to come.

Tony Esfeld