Re: Rules regarding stock stuff..

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rules regarding stock stuff..
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:57:08 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
> I agree with Ken that Jake should buy a rule book.  However, I doubt that the
> question will be answered by the book.  I don't believe it would be legal to
> cut a hole in the roof.  And the only reason you could put a sunroof in a car
> is under "comfort and convenience", but it would be reasonable to ask why
> someone with a removable roof panel had put a sunroof in that panel...  The
> only real answer is to write the Solo Events Board for an official
> clarification.

Haha!  I should see what car we're talking about before I respond!  :-/

Just take the panel out and drive comfortably.  My guess is that while you
can probably detect a difference in rigidity, you will run exactly the
same times or the difference would be so small that it would be lost in
the noise of driver error.

Mark