RE: Fw: CA Special Alert

To: <nokones@kenmitchell.com>, "Michael R. Clements"
Subject: RE: Fw: CA Special Alert
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:32:25 -0700
Kenneth,

Nice reference but. . .

Refusing to grant one's permission, in the absence of any physical
resistance, does not resist, delay or obstruct the officer in his duties.
Thus PC 148 should not apply.

However, while refusing to grant permission does not physically impair the
officer from doing whatever it is he wants to do, it does make him think
twice about doing it, which is usually enough.

Regards,