RE: Fw: CA Special Alert

To: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>,
Subject: RE: Fw: CA Special Alert
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:28:30 -0700
Talley, I wish there were more people like you who exercised their rights.
Imagine if every person in that roadblock did the same thing, it would take
so long detaining every person, they would have to let most of the cars
through, which would undermine the entire purpose. The police probably would
not create the roadblocks in the first place. I think the same is true of
fighting many kinds of traffic infractions. If everybody fought his ticket,
the state would lose more money prosecuting the cases than they gained in
the ticket fees. Writing tickets would no longer be a revenue enhancing
activity. The police would focus traffic enforcement on safety rather than
on revenue generation. Imagine that!