RE: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack

To: <eric@mail.brown911.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Please comment on the August Fastrack
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:04:55 -0500
>> From: Eric Salem [mailto:eric@mail.brown911.com]

> Okay now I gotta jump in here. I run in FP. The car is completely street
> legal and should be an ASP car. The ONLY reason the car is in FP is that
> the parts to build an ASP motor for my '72 911 are no longer available.
> Certainly there are other cars like mine, i.e., all the old british &
> italian cars, that couldn't possibly build an SP legal motor.

Ummm...14.11 is your friend.

You can build your motor with aftermarket parts that are as similar as
possible to the originals.  This is one of the original premises for SP;
having a place where older Stock category cars could play when the
manufacturer went belly up of stopped stocking parts.  And Porsche has about
as good an aftermarket as any.

What specifically is not available?

--Andy