Re: Rule Books

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rule Books
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:07:30 +0200
> Even if the rules
> were placed online and you weren't required to have the book at
> National events, I'd still buy a new one every year. The cost of
> a printed rule book is buried in the noise compared to the real
> costs of competing.

I completely agree.  The old way (books) can be useful... Especially until I
get a laptop to take into the bathroom with me.

I just remember the comment being thrown out along the lines of "I have been
in this for XX years and have never known a rulebook to stop someone from
showing up."  I was just pointing out an example of it that I see weekly.
Usually, as happened in the forum I linked to, experienced people will help.
It sure would be easier if we could just say "Go to www.sccarulebook.com and
do a search for _______."

Dave Hardy
89 SM