Re: powder puff classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powder puff classes
From: Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:25:22 -0500
>      Actually, I totally agree that the ladies classes are "powder puff."
That's why

I don't think there should be a separate female class since there's nothing
hormone dependent that should technically affect driver ability.  Sure, in
physical sports men have bigger muscles because of male hormones, etc, so
its a good idea women and men don't play.  But for driving an automobile,
physical strength isn't as much of an issue.  People driving real race cars
without power steering and honking fat tires might disagree though... :)
For local level racing, I agree there should be a novice class for
inexperienced people and a junior class for the junior cart drivers who
aren't as mentally developed as the adults.

I just read Rocky's email and it made pretty good sense.

At our local events, all the cars just run together and we have 4 categories
based on PAX: open tire, street tire, ladies, and junior cart.

> could have driven fast enough to win STS open at the Finale had I *not*
been running
> open class for the last three years? Ignore the fact that the STS index is
> complete and total joke. I don't think I would have made the kind of
improvements in
> my driving that I've made over the last three years had I been languishing
in the
> ladies class. And you know what? I don't care whether other female drivers
agree

Hey now, I like STS!  I don't think the index is a complete and total joke,
I can understand that for any new class, its hard to work out the indexes
for.  I do know that my car is more competitive in STS than in DSP though.

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill/