Re: powder puff classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powder puff classes
From: Karen Kraus <kiirenza@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:28:07 -0700
Mike B. wrote :

> "Powder Puff"????????  Ladies let the flame war begin.

     Actually, I totally agree that the ladies classes are "powder puff."
That's why
I run open class.... and for those who may be wondering about my L1 exploits in
Harrisburg, Wendover and the ProSolo Finale, let's just say there was a *very*
specific reason for that, and that it was related to the fact that I believe the
ladies classes are "powder puff." I'll sum it up with one question -- do you
think I
could have driven fast enough to win STS open at the Finale had I *not* been
running
open class for the last three years? Ignore the fact that the STS index is a
complete and total joke. I don't think I would have made the kind of
improvements in
my driving that I've made over the last three years had I been languishing in
the
ladies class. And you know what? I don't care whether other female drivers agree
with me or not, especially after how I was treated by most of L1 and some of the
things that were out right *said* to me at the Finale.
     Some people wonder why the ProSolo isn't treated as "pro" as even
ProRally....
well, I believe that part of it is that the Solo community still obviously
believes
that women can't be as fast as men, despite the accomplishments of Shauna
Marinus,
Lynne Rothney-Kozlak, Teresa Neidel and others.

Karen Kraus
1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34) -- !ABS
no, I'm *not* buying a Subaru!! :)

--

"You never get away, you only get someplace else."
     -- Lovka's Dilemma

"No matter what they're telling you, they're not telling you the whole truth."
     -- Todd's Principle

"The best view of your soul is from beyond the edge, looking back."
     -- No Fear

http://www.erols.com/kiirenza/trisk